Pages

April 19, 2015

Rhizo15 Combination Feed in Inoreader

I'm in the process of setting up a combination #Rhizo15 feed in Inoreader. It's not as fancy as the nifty syndication engine that Alan Levine set up for Connected Courses, but I think it can still be useful! Inoreader is an RSS reader but, unlike most RSS readers, it is a powerful syndication tool also, so that you can create your own "combination" feeds and share them with others. So, I'm making a combination feed of all the #Rhizo15 blogs I can find. You can use the resulting RSS feed (plus OPML file) in any feed reader that you want.

Update: 75 blogs and counting (!). :-)

Here's how it works:

1. Share your blog! I've set up a GOOGLE FORM where people can share their RSS feed, either the feed for their whole blog or just for Rhizo15 posts.

2. I'll add to Inoreader. Each day I'll grab those RSS feed addresses and add them to my Inoreader. I'll put them in a folder called "Rhizo15."

3. Grab for your own use. That public Inoreader folder generates its own RSS feed for the Rhizo15 folder along with an HTML clippings stream, plus a public OPML for that folder.

(And for those of you who want to actually use Inoreader as a feed reader, it offers dynamic OPML support which is very cool!)

4. View as bundle. In addition, I've created an Inoreader Rhizo15 Bundle. I'm not a bundle-user myself, but you might find it useful! Here's a bundle screenshot in magazine view; you choose different bundle views in upper right-hand corner. You don't have to be an Inoreader user to view the bundle, although if you want to subscribe to the bundle, you have to do that in Inoreader — but you can subscribe to the RSS feed using any RSS feed reader; it's just good old-fashioned RSS. :-)


I'll come back later and update with additional information here about how Inoreader works. I love their combination RSS feeds and HTML clips. :-)

Meanwhile, I harvested some blog addresses from Lenandler Singh's spreadsheet to get the feed up and running. If anybody else is running something like this (a spreadsheet, OPML, anything like that), let me know in the comments here or at Twitter (@OnlineCrsLady).




This is going to be super-useful for me as I try to keep up with all the great Rhizo15 blogging as well as Twitter, and I am glad if the RSS or HTML or OPML can be useful to others. Here's how I see the incoming stream on my Inoreader homepage, along with other must-read folders. For those of you who are still pining away for Google Reader, you might want to give Inoreader a try. I think it is AMAZING both for aggregating and, even better, for syndicating publicly, sharing what you read back out with the world. :-)